Wednesday, June 30, 2010

#249. The Philadelphia Story


"I'm going crazy. I'm standing here solidly on my own two hands and going crazy!"

I find it ironic that I not only just watched Arsenic and Old Lace, another movie from the 1940's, but also another movie with Cary Grant! I've never seen many classic old movies before, so I suppose I'm getting my fill now.
I thought The Philadelphia Story was very well acted, and close to brilliance. The plot was interesting, and I loved how unpredictable the ending was! I feel that even with the limited technology that producers had in this time period, this film was miles better than most of the crap that's played in movie theaters today.

My favorite character was Tracy Lord, played by Katharine Hepburn. I've never seen a movie with Hepburn before, and I thought she was so elegant in this movie! I also loved the freshness of her look and personality, and she was very believable as an actress.
Though I felt that some characters in this movie were undeveloped, Tracy, Dexter, and Connor had great chemistry and fit the movie perfectly.
My immediate rating is a 7.6.

Characters: 6.9/10
Acting: 7.4/10
Storyline: 7/10
Entertainment Value: 7.3/10
Immediate Rating: 7.6/10

Total Score: 36.2/50

No comments:

Post a Comment