Wednesday, June 30, 2010

#247. My Neighbor Totoro


"To-to-ro? You're Totoro!... I bet you're Totoro..."

I don't know what I'm more surprised by; me being able to find My Neighbor Totoro online, or the fact that I actually watched it. I don't even know if there is an English version of this movie, but I watched it in Japanese with English subtitles.
I'll be honest, I really really really don't like anime. I love kiddy movies, but no; anime is not for me. At best, I would call it "cute", but that still gives it no right to be on the Top 250, let alone have a better rating than two Cary Grant movies and Glory.

I didn't really have a favorite character in this film, considering they were all very annoying. If I had to choose though, I would pick Totoro because he looked soft and cuddly.
Overall, the characters just irritated me more than anything. The plot was kind of pointless, but eh. I'm probably way off. This is probably critically acclaimed, and most people that watch this movie probably love it to pieces.
I probably don't care.
This is just not my kind of movie. I'll give it a 4/10.

Characters: 3.4/10
Acting: 4/10
Storyline: 2.1/10
Entertainment Value: 7/10
Immediate rating: 4/10

Total Score: 20.5/50

No comments:

Post a Comment