Monday, June 28, 2010

#250. Arsenic And Old Lace


"Certainly there are thirteen bodies in the cellar and there are hundreds more in the attic!"

Oh, how I love old movies! Really, that's not sarcasm. Though the plot consisted of two crazy aunts who had murdered twelve men and had them buried in the cellar, this movie has such an innocence about it that I absolutely adore. I guess it's because it was produced in the 1940's and doesn't contain so much vulgarity and violence that most current movies possess. The storyline was also very different than most movies that I usually see, which I greatly appreciated.

My favorite character of this particular film was definitely Mortimer Brewster (played by Cary Grant). I've read that he didn't like his performance in this film, but I thought he was fantastic! I usually don't find corny jokes very amusing, but so many of his lines had me laughing out loud!
Overall, I thought the movie was definitely worth watching and entertaining. My immediate rating is a 7.5/10.

Characters: 7.8/10
Acting: 7/10
Storyline: 7.5/10
Entertainment Value: 7.6/10 
Immediate rating: 7.4/10

Total Score: 37.3/50

No comments:

Post a Comment