Wednesday, June 30, 2010

#248. Glory


"If you men will take no pay, then none of us will."

When I first looked this movie up online before watching it, I couldn't help but sigh and roll my eyes; a war movie. I've never been a big fan of them honestly, because I usually find them boring and difficult to sit through. 
Well, have I ever been so wrong! Glory was packed full of emotions and epic moments, along with some of the most incredible music I've ever heard in a movie. Not even close to being boring in the slightest!
 In a nutshell, the movie was about Col. Robert Gould Shaw (played by Matthew Broderick), who was chosen to lead the US Civil War's first all-black volunteer group.

I was very impressed by the accuracy captured. I wasn't alive during the Civil War, obviously, but from what I've read, this movie appeared to stay true to actual history. Col. Shaw was a real person in the 54th Massachusetts, and the events in the movie were based on the letters sent to his parents.
Though I liked a lot of the characters from this movie, my favorite was Sgt. Maj. Rawlins, played by Morgan Freeman. His performance was fantastic, and he stole the show in every scene he was in with his noble and wise persona.
My immediate rating of this movie is an 8.3.

Characters: 7.5/10
Acting: 8.5/10
Storyline: 8.3/10
Entertainment Value: 8.4/10
Immediate rating: 8.3/10

Total Score: 41/50

No comments:

Post a Comment