Thursday, May 9, 2013

#206. Kill Bill: Vol. 2

"You and I have unfinished business."

The Bride, played by Uma Thurman, continues her pursuit of revenge as she sets out to kill Bill and two of his affiliates.

Before watching this movie, I decided it would probably be best to watch Kill Bill Vol. 1 first so I could have a clear understanding of Vol. 2, and I have to say, I found the second one to be a lot better! There were more thrilling scenes, not as much gore and fake blood, and Bill is finally a primary character. The first Kill Bill simply wouldn't be complete without Vol. 2, and I almost feel like Vol. 1 is simply a prequel. Though it was still pretty decent, I'm very surprised and disappointed to see that it is much higher
on the list.

One aspect I didn't like about this film was I felt like a few of the actors' performances, David Carradine's as Bill especially, seemed too dramatic at times, and made several scenes come off as hokey. However, this was pretty much the only thing that bothered me about Vol. 2, and that specific type of demeanor was even warranted during some of the really intense moments of the movie. I love all of the unexpected twists this film took, and I thought the ending certainly wrapped everything up quite nicely. I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected, and my immediate rating is a 7.3/10.

Characters: 6.8/10
Acting: 6.6/10
Storyline: 7.7/10
Entertainment Value: 7.8/10
Immediate Rating: 7.3/10

Total Score: 36.2/50

No comments:

Post a Comment