Thursday, August 12, 2010

#232. Little Miss Sunshine


"Everyone, just... pretend to be normal."

In this film, a dysfunctional family goes on a road trip to California after 7-year-old Olive is selected to compete in the Little Miss Sunshine beauty pageant. On the way, the family encounters a countless amount of trials, but will stop at nothing until they reach their anticipated destination.
This is one of my favorite movies. I've only seen it once before now, but it was even better the second time. I love absolutely everything about it. The bittersweet sadness of the music fits the film like a glove, and the dialogue is so realistic. Actually everything about this movie is realistic in every way, which is why I believe it's held to such high acclaim. 

Every character is great in this movie, but I have a couple of favorites. I loved the dad, Richard, (played by Greg Kinnear) because his character is so believable. His failure in his career has ruined his self-esteem, yet he yearns to be known by others as being an ambitious confident man. My other favorite character was Dwayne (played by Paul Dano) because his acting captures the epitome and frustration of being a teenager, along with the drama that tags along.
There's nothing more I can say about this film. It's different, it's depressing in a very comforting sense, and I think it's perfection. My rating is an 8.7.

Characters: 8.8/10
Acting: 9/10
Storyline: 8.6/10
Entertainment Value: 9/10
Immediate Rating: 8.7/10

Total Score: 44.1/50

No comments:

Post a Comment