Monday, August 23, 2010

#231. The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button


"It's a funny thing about coming home. Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. You'll realize what's changed is you."

The movie begins with an elderly lady lying in a hospital bed. She asks her daughter Caroline to read the diary of Benjamin Button, her former love. The diary recounts Benjamin's entire life story; all the experiences of a man who lived his life backwards.

I've seen Benjamin Button once before. My boyfriend and I actually saw it on our first date a year and a half ago. And it's still the only movie we can never agree on. He thought the concept was horrible, boring, and that it made no sense, while I found it touching and profound. And I've got to say, after watching it a second time, my opinion still hasn't changed. To me, it's still a wonderfully made film with a unique concept.
There were a lot of special and well-rounded characters in this movie. My favorite was Queenie, who played Benjamin's adopted mother, because she was a very caring and warm-hearted character. I love how she adopted Benjamin even despite his unusual disability, and cared for him like he were her own son.
Overall, I really enjoyed watching this movie a lot, maybe even more the second time. There were many quotes and scenes in this movie that were very touching. I'll give it an immediate rating of 8.

Characters: 7.8/10
Acting: 8.2/10
Storyline: 8.2/10
Entertainment Value: 7.7/10
Immediate Rating: 8/10

Total Score: 39.9/50

No comments:

Post a Comment