Friday, August 4, 2017

#185. The Killing

“You have not yet learned that in this life you have to be like everyone else - the perfect mediocrity; no better, no worse. Individuality's a monster and it must be strangled in it's cradle to make our friends feel confident.”

After a betting teller informs his wife of a planned heist that will make them millions, she creates a scheme of her own. All taking place over the course of a day, the film tracks the exciting racetrack robbery and its aftermath.

The Killing didn’t capture my interest as much as I feel it could have. That's not to say I don't think it's an objectively great movie. Anyone who would enjoy a well-done film noir would most likely enjoy The Killing. The ending is fantastic and unexpected, and I found the rest of the plot mostly interesting. I enjoyed the dark comedic aspects, and the film's general mood. I just wonder what the point of it all is. Sole entertainment? Though I enjoyed the movie in the moment, it didn't inspire me to question anything or think any further about it after it was over. Doing that is the reason I love watching movies.

Despite that, I enjoyed observing the character dynamic, as all the characters have a completely different reason for being involved in the heist and desire different outcomes. The acting is also good, and the dialogue is interesting and intelligent.

Overall, it was enjoyable, but doesn’t appeal much to my personal taste, so I don't find it memorable. My immediate rating is 7.1/10.

Characters: 7.3/10
Acting: 7.5/10
Storyline: 7.5/10
Entertainment Value: 7.3/10
Immediate rating: 7.1/10

Total Score: 36.7/50

No comments:

Post a Comment