Monday, November 4, 2013

#197. Good Will Hunting

"Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself."

When a janitor from South Boston displays his uncanny mathematical ability on a school chalkboard, an MIT professor pairs him up with a psychologist in hopes of unlocking his motivation to succeed.

I've always wanted to see this movie, and I'm so glad that I finally got the chance to. There are some great actors involved in this, and the fact that Ben Affleck and Robin Williams both wrote, directed, and acted in this movie is really cool. Robin Williams and Matt Damon are also beyond fantastic together in their roles, and their therapy sessions tactfully touch on some of the most important issues in any person's life.

It doesn't even matter that there's not some deep, hard-to-grasp message behind this film; its plot held my interest throughout and its lessons stand the test of time. There's also just something so heart-warming about 90's movies. It may be the uplifting instrumental music, or that they remind me of my childhood, or maybe even the cliche but endearing storylines. Nonetheless, they never fail to make me feel good about life again, and this one was no exception. My immediate rating is a 7.8/10.

Characters: 7.7/10
Acting: 7.9/10
Storyline: 7.8/10
Entertainment Value: 8.2/10
Immediate Rating: 7.8/10

Total Score: 39.4/50

No comments:

Post a Comment