Monday, January 9, 2023

#181. The Night of the Hunter

 
It's a hard world for little things."

A vulnerable widow, Willa, marries a self-described priest, Harry, who becomes the step-dad of her children John and Pearl. Though Willa is devoted to her new husband, who claims to be able to bring her salvation, the kids suspect something is off about Harry.

I was going through a really hard time when I first watched this movie. The mood of it seemed to reflect my emotions, though I’m not sure if that was a good thing or bad thing. If I could describe it, maybe “heavy” is the word. Even after watching and forgetting various other movies, this one made an impression. I often think back to the words “love” and “hate” on Reverand’s right and left knuckles respectively. There are other disturbing visuals that make the movie iconic and often referenced.

I have to admit it’s not really my thing, despite its objective significance. I found it slow paced and too uncomfortable at times. My immediate rating is a 6/10.

Characters: 7
Acting: 7
Storyline: 6
Entertainment Value: 5.5
Immediate Rating: 6

Total Score: 31.5/50

No comments:

Post a Comment